Estimated Reading Time: 3 minutes
Paysafecard is a popular online payment method for keno players who wish to keep their identity offline, offering a way to gamble anonymously and with no link back to your private financial information. This reliable service is fast, safe and easy to use, and best of all, doesn’t require a bank account or credit card.
Paysafecard comes under the umbrella of what’s referred to as a pre-paid card or e-Voucher service. Unlike common keno deposit methods like Visa, MasterCard, POLi, Skrill and Neteller, a pre-paid service allows you to purchase vouchers from real life retail outlets, with sales at over 500,000 stores worldwide. In exchange for cash, you’re given a unique 16-digit pin number, which can then be entered to transfer funds online. Think of it as a form of digital cash.
Paysafecard’s can be purchased in Australian stores in values of $10, $20, $50 and $100. While $100 is the most expensive voucher you can buy, you can combine up to 10 Paysafecard pin numbers if you want to make a larger deposit.
It’s a free service, with no transaction fees, so what you pay for is what you get to spend. However, if you don’t spend all your Paysafecard funds within 12 months be aware you’ll start to incur a monthly account fee.
Where to buy Paysafecard
In Australia, Paysafecard’s can be purchased from a range of retail outlets including newsagencies, petrol stations, supermarkets, department stores and electronic retailers. Some outlets which sell these pre-paid cards include Woolworths, Myer, Harvey Norman, IGA, BP, NightOwl Convenience Stores and Drakes Supermarkets.
The easiest way to locate your closest outlet is to head to Paysafecard.com, where you can enter your postcode or suburb to do a search of the stores in your area. There’s also a mobile app available for Apple and Android users, which will allow you to easily locate Paysafecard outlets within your proximity using your smartphone, tablet, Apple Watch or Google Wear device.
How do I fund my keno account with Paysafecard?
Once you’ve purchase a Paysafecard, depositing funds to play real money keno will literally take you minutes and is as easy as one, two, three:
- Login or sign up for an account at one of our recommended keno sites and go to the casino’s banking or cashier section.
- Select Paysafecard as your deposit option.
- Follow the prompts to enter your 16-digit pin and the amount of AUD you wish to transfer.
You’re all set. Paysafecard transactions are typically processed on the spot, so now all you need to do is load up your favourite keno game and start picking your lucky numbers.
Benefits of using a pre-paid card to play keno
Now you know a little more about this popular e-Voucher service, here’s a summary of the benefits of using Paysafecard to play keno online:
- Safety – there’s absolutely no link back to your personal bank account or credit card, eliminating any risk of your financial details being intercepted by a hacker and removing all gambling statements from your bank statements.
- Anonymity – Paysafecard’s are purchased using cash and don’t require any declaration of your identity, leaving you to play keno online in complete anonymity.
- Speed – keno deposits made using Paysafecard are usually available for immediate use.
- Responsible gambling – with the most expensive card valued at $100 and with vouchers payable in cash, Paysafecard supports gambling within personal limitations, without accessing a line of credit.
- Wide acceptance – since the acquisition of Ukash, Paysafecard deposits are now available at a majority of leading real money keno sites.
- Mobile app – the availability of a mobile app makes checking your balance and finding your nearest Paysafecard retail outlet even more convenient.
There are a couple of small drawbacks when it comes to using Paysafecard, the major bummer being you can’t withdraw any funds back to your card. This means to withdraw winnings you’ll still need access to a bank account or credit card.
The other downside is because Paysafecard works just like cash, if you lose your voucher containing your unique pin number it’s essentially the same as losing your wallet. As these cards aren’t linked back to you, there’s no way to reclaim lost or stolen vouchers. The recommended way to avoid this is to simply fund your keno account immediately after purchasing a Paysafecard, so your funds are stored safely online.
AUD keno sites accepting Paysafecard
In 2015, Paysafecard acquired rival e-Voucher service, Ukash, banding both services together under the Paysafecard brand. Since this change, Paysafecard is now the dominant pre-paid deposit option offered by online casinos and you’ll find it available at these leading keno sites:
New to any of these venues? Click our links above to sign up for an account and you’ll receive some great welcome bonuses, like matched deposits, free spins, and even free beer!